Router Setup is one of the most difficult tasks related to the routers. Setting up a router is a difficult and lengthy process to do. It requires a lot of time and patience. Users can set up their routers by themselves. But if you have just bought a new router and you are not technically savvy then it will be difficult for you to configure it. You need to keep a few things in your mind. If you want to set up your router and configure it by yourself. At first, You need to follow all the instructions and prompts related to setting up your router. If you want to configure your router then you must know about its wires and where to connect these wires. You must also know about changes to be made in the settings of the router.
Router setup is a process of installing a new router. There are two types of routers available. Wired routers and wireless routers. In wired routers, You must connect all its wires with the correct ports and devices which you want to connect with it. After that, You have to connect your router with your ISP (internet service provider). In the wireless routers, You just have to connect your router to the power switch and turn on the power button. After that, You can complete the Router setup process via your computer and configure it from there. As you know that there are many types of routers available in the market. Every router has different specifications. Some routers have a different setup process from others. You can see how to install your router and its setup process below. After that, you can easily configure it.
Also, Read Router Settings
Router Setup and configuration in wired routers
If you want to configure your router for wired internet connection using the smart wizard. Then, You can see the steps of the Router Setup below.
- Connect your modem to the internet port of your router.
- Now, Connect your computer to any of four available LAN(Local Area Network) ports.
- Switch off and on the router, computer and cable modem and wait till all of these devices boot up.
- Open a web browser of your computer and enter the IP address in the address bar. This address could be http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 and press “ENTER” after that.
- It will open up a login page of your router.
- You must enter your username and password into this login page. The default username in most of the routers is “admin” and the default password is “Password”.
- The username and password are case sensitive.
- If default username and password don’t work. Then, Try to remind the password you might have set up previously.
- If you are unable to do so. Then you can contact our router support for its solution at Routerlogin.net.
- After that click on Setup Wizard. The Setup Wizard screen will be displayed.
- Now, Choose the yes option and click on the Next button.
- The setup wizard will automatically get to know about the type of internet connection you have. It will tell you about the dynamic IP of your router.
- Click on the next button. The router automatically saves all of these settings.
- You must keep in mind that you should not change the default settings of your router. Until your internet service provider (ISP) gives you a particular DNS information that has to be configured.
- In the end please check that if your devices are well connected to the internet.
Router Setup and Configuration in Wireless routers
Most of the wireless routers have the capacity to connect more than 250 devices with them. You can connect between one to four devices to your router. You can connect these devices into your router’s ports via wired ethernet cable. Any wireless router with a speed of 300 Mbps can connect up to 100 users with it. You can see the Router setup process of wireless routers. Hence, You can install and configure your wireless router by performing the steps mentioned below.
- Just type the http://www.Routerlogin.net in the address bar of your browser and hit the “ENTER” button.
- Now, Enter the username and password of your router to open the main settings page of your router.
- When the main settings page of your opens up. It asks you that if you want to “Check for update”. Now, click on the cancel button. You can check for the firmware even after getting connected to the internet network.
- After that, you will see the setup wizard option on the left side of your computer screen. Now make sure you click on the “YES” option. Click on the next option and follow all the instructions and prompts provided by the setup wizard. After that Setup Wizard investigates the type of internet connection you have. The basic settings page shows you all the settings of your router. Hence you are connected to the internet network.
- You must change the username and password of your router once you are done with this process. After that, You can set the username and password of your choice. Make sure that you set the username and password you could remember. It will prevent other people to make changes in your router’s settings and getting access.
Router Setup and Setup wizard
Firstly you have to visit Routerlogin.net to secure your wireless network. Once you have secured your router by setting security on it. After that, you can add many devices on your wireless network and access it from there. If you want to know which steps you have to perform in the setup wizard. You can find the process of Router Setup below.
- Go to the main settings page at Routerlogin.net. When you reach that page click on click here to set up your router option.
- Now, Give a username to the wireless network of your router.
- Give your router a username which you want to assign it. Make sure that you will remember the name you are giving to your router. Router’s manufacturing company’s name is the default username of the router in most of the wireless routers.
- Choose the type of security you want to set on your internet router.
- New routers mostly recommend WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK(AES).
- After that, Enter the password which is safe enough. The password you want to give to your wireless network. Make sure the password you give your router must have a capital letter in the starting, special characters, and numbers.
- Give it a password which you could remember. Otherwise, If you forget it then it will take a lot of time to retrieve it.
- Username and password both are case sensitive.
- Click on the apply button, You are done.
Difference between Wired and Wireless Routers
Wired Router Setup: Wired routers use ethernet cables and wires to function. They cannot function and access the internet network without wires and cables. For example, The devices which you want to connect with your router. can be connected via ethernet cable into LAN ports. Any device connected to the router via wired medium could access the internet network. Hence Its installation is very difficult. It gets messy because of the usage of many wires.
Wireless Router Setup: Wireless routers don’t need any cables to function. It only requires the power cable. It can function with internet signals. If you want to connect any device with the wireless router. Then, You can simply find the username from the list of available networks. After that, You can enter its password. Hence, You are connected. No wires required to be connected to the router. Its installation process is easier than wired routers. It is easy to access.
Also, Read: Router Serial Number
Services We Provide for Router Setup
Always be careful about the password of your router. It should not be a simple, Sequential word or a number. Other than that, If you use Characters, numbers, special characters in it. Then it will be more secure. The Router Setup support provide all router users with the help and assistance in all of their router-related issues. Because we all know that setting up a router and updating the firmware of a router is not that easy as it seems to be. It is a long procedure and takes too much time to do that. Hence, Most of the people can’t do that and get stuck between the steps. That’s why we are here to help you with the best solution for all your router-related problems.
No matter which company’s router, router configurations, firmware you have. If you face any problem with your router. You can simply contact us on our router support to get assistance for all router related issues and Router Setup. We have a professional team of technicians and experts who are motivated and happy to help you and fix all your router related issues in no time. Our technicians at Router Setup support believe in customer satisfaction. We will provide you with the best assistance and give you satisfactory results from our services. We employ the best networking experts from all around the world. Who has experience and are extremely skilled in the field of networking. If you want any assistance from these experts. You can contact us on our technical support to get help from us.